The History of the Baja Edition

The Manxter DualSport Baja Edition was released in 2015 and the first Manxter available in 100% Kit form
Brad Connell
Manx Admin

The History of the Baja Edition

Postby Brad Connell » Tue May 19, 2015 11:34 am

The Manxter DualSport Baja Edition was born from the Original Manxter DualSport Kit which was first released back in late 2004.

The original concept for the Manxter DualSport was to bring to market an option for Pre-Running and family fun, with a 3" higher body and modified roll cage for larger rear shocks. This plan hit a few hurdles as the amount of aftermarket parts and opinions made it difficult to work out what worked best for this application and still keep people happy.

The end result, DualSport kits where sold and went off to be built in different ways with different outcomes. Now this is not a bad thing and it added to the variety. The problem was that not all of these builds performed as Bruce had intended and as a result not to many ended up as pre runners and touring vehicles.

So fast forward 10 years and Bruce's Silver "Glitter Beast " came back onto the market. This was a significant event for me as it was probably the only built Manxter I would have ever consider purchasing. The reason for this is that like many Buggy People I had seen this car hit the dunes and carve up the dunes, it drove through canyons and out onto beaches.

Return to “Manxter DualSport Baja Edition”